Nutrition in millet is often overlooked, despite its significant importance.
To ensure optimal productivity, it is crucial to provide the crop with an adequate supply of nutrients, encompassing both macro and micronutrients.
Macronutrients such as Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium are required in substantial quantities. On the other hand, micronutrients like Iron, Zinc, and Copper are necessary in smaller amounts.
These essential nutrients can be delivered through the application of basal fertilizers, such as DAP and CAN, as well as foliar fertilizers like OPTIMIZER, LAVENDER, and DIMIPHITE.
Basal fertilizers are absorbed by the crop through the roots, while foliar fertilizers are taken up through the foliage.
In cases where the soil lacks organic matter, the addition of manure is recommended.
Performing a soil analysis is essential to determine the levels of different nutrients present in the soil. This analysis aids in determining the required quantities of nutrients for effective supplementation.
Benefits of a proper nutrition in millet crop
The benefits of these practices are as follows:
- Facilitates quick root development and promotes successful crop establishment.
- Enhances photosynthetic activity, leading to improved growth.
- Sustains robust growth, resulting in high yields.
- Enhances plant strength and resilience.
- Stimulates favorable grain set.
- Enhances overall plant vigor, leading to increased yield and improved crop productivity.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION SCHEDULE
For optimal outcomes, it is crucial to apply fertilizers at the appropriate timing and in the correct quantities.
Early growth stage
This stage encompasses activities such as seed sowing, germination, and the initial 2-3 weeks after the seedlings emerge.
To promote consistent germination and overcome seed dormancy, it is recommended to soak the seeds in OPTIMIZER at a rate of 20ml per 1 liter of water overnight.
For newly emerged seedlings, a foliar spray of LAVENDER at a rate of 20ml per 20 liters of water, or GOLDCHANCE SUPER START at a rate of 50g per 20 liters of water, or LEGENDARY at a rate of 40ml per 20 liters of water, or PLANT SOUL at a rate of 20ml per 20 liters of water, or ZINC GOLD at a rate of 10ml per 20 liters of water can be applied.
The application of DAP (Di-Ammonium Phosphate) during the planting stage holds significant importance.
These fertilizers facilitate rapid root development, promote balanced growth of the plants, and strengthen the natural defense system of the young crop.
Vegetative growth stage
During this stage, the crop experiences vigorous growth and engages in photosynthesis to accumulate an ample food supply for the reproductive phase.
It is strongly recommended to apply nitrogenous fertilizers.
The crop can be sprayed with LAVENDER at a rate of 20ml per 20 liters of water, or GOLDCHANCE SUPER GROWTH at a rate of 50g per 20 liters of water.
When the crop reaches a height of approximately 30cm, top dressing with CAN (Calcium Ammonium Nitrate) is performed.
Other nitrogenous basal fertilizers like N.P.K 23.23.0 can also be utilized.
These fertilizers facilitate accelerated vegetative growth, enhance the crop’s resilience to diseases and weather-related stresses, and ensure a well-balanced growth of the plants.
This stage involves crucial processes such as flowering, fertilization, grain filling, and eventual maturity of the crop.
For effective results, the crop can be sprayed with GOLDCHANCE SUPER FLOWERS & FRUITS at a rate of 50g per 20 liters of water, or DIMIPHITE at a rate of 20ml per 20 liters of water, or LEGENDARY at a rate of 40ml per 20 liters of water, or BIODISTINCTION XTRA at a rate of 20ml per 20 liters of water.
It is also recommended to apply potassium-rich basal fertilizers like N.P.K 17.17.17.
These fertilizers play a vital role in stimulating flowering, promoting optimal grain filling and quality, enhancing the crop’s resistance to infections and weather-related stresses, ensuring balanced crop growth, improving crop productivity, and encouraging tillering, among other advantages.
Please note the following additional instructions:
- At any stage of crop growth, spray crops with OPTIMIZER at a rate of 10ml per 20 liters. This biostimulant aids in accelerating crop growth, enhancing their ability to withstand stressful conditions, and providing essential nutrients to the growing plants, among other functions.
- It is recommended to repeat foliar feed sprays on a weekly basis.
- All foliar sprays should be mixed with INTEGRA at a rate of 3ml per 20 liters. This product acts as a sticker, spreader, and penetrant, improving the absorption of fertilizers by the crop’s foliage.
- When applying basal fertilizers and manures, it is advisable to incorporate HUMIPOWER. This product adds organic matter to the soil, stabilizes soil pH to make nutrients readily available, reduces leaching, and minimizes runoff, among other benefits.